It's a kayak tour for those with an average camping experience, accustomed to sleeping in the tent and minimizing baggage. It's not a difficult route but we have to be careful to reach camping sites every evening, according to the program. The first night is obligatory to sleep at the tent (there is no alternative), into the wild, on nights 2 and 3 you’ll camp in the courtyard of a local, in Mila23, with access to the shower and toilet or you can take accommodation at a local guesthouse (optional).
R1 = Route1 = Tulcea – Mila23, on Sontea area, on small chanels and lakes.
R2 = Route2 = Mila23- Sulina, on Letea area, also on small, wild, chanels and lakes.
[Adventure] = A total adventure program, you'll sleep in a tent (your tent) and each participant is carrying his own luggage in kayak. Basically we provide a place in akayak, a good guide, all our knowledge of the Danube Delta and kayaks pick up at the final point.
3 days of kayaking through the Danube Delta, an exceptional guide, a magnificent route, unforgettable nights in tent.
Datas of this program in 2019 are:
|Group code||Period||Avilable places||Price|
|KT1-09||29 Jul - 1 Aug||16||150|
|KT1-12||29 Aug - 1 Sept||16||150|
|KT1-15||30 Sept - 3 Oct||16||130|
|Group code||Period||Available places||Price|
|KT2-02||30 May - 2 June||16||130|
|KT2-05||30 Jun - 3 Jul||16||130|
Price is in EURO, per person and include VAT.
* Want to book a group of at least 8 people ? Call for Price!
The price includes:
- Renting a kayak during this tour (please tell us if you want single or double kayak).
- Instructor (ENGLISH language) will go you in a single kayak.
- 2 nights of camping in a local courtyard
- Visitors fee to the Danube Delta.
- Transfer back to Tulcea on the last day (group transfer) - 25 euro/pers
- Camping gear to rent
- Waterproof Pelican cases
NOT included in the price:
- All camping equipment (tent, sleeping bag etc)
- Food and water (or other drinks)
- Any kind of insurance (travel / luggage / life)
Child Policy in Kayak
- Children up to 14 years will participate together with a adult (1 child / 1 adult)
- Children up to14 years will only go in a double kayak with an adult.
- Supervision of children during the tour lies with the adult in whose care is
- Only children over 14 can get a single kayak
- All children will wear life jackets as long as they are in the kayak, no matter how good swimmers they are.
The program for ROUTE 1
Day 1 - Meeting at Tulcea (at 12:00) to Port Aval - Tulcea, put kayaks on the water, load luggage, sign the papers and start on the water.
We paddle downstream on the Danube to Mila36 channel and from there we go throught the marshland, NOT on the Danube. You'll be on the Danube for 4-5 km. We go on Garla Sireasa to Cot Candura (intersection with Sontea). We paddle slowly, we have enough time. May occasionally stop to stretch our legs and in the afternoon already looking for a good place to camp.. We set the tents tents.
There will be a long halfday paddling, we try to not get muscle soreness or corns, if we have beginners, we put more emphasis on the development of rowing technique, we have a very good instructor who will show us all you need to know.
Day 2 - Around 7:00 am wake up and prepare the breakfast (on your own), after that we start a new tour, we have to reach Mila23 Village today, here you'll find shops so you can refresh you stocks of water and fresh food. We are going on channels as far as we can from the motor boats ways, we want to show you as much of the wilderness of these places.
We stop for lunch in a picturesque place where we organize a fire so you can cook.
In the evening you’ll camp in Mila23 Village, in a local courtyard.
*In this place you can order also meals (dinner and breakfast).
Day 3 - Today is the easiest day, we let the tents mounted on the place near the Village and we take a tour around Mila23, on very nice channels and lake. We take with us only what we need for a day and we make the lunch in a nice place, in the middle of the wild. We'll come back in the evening to the tents for a good dinner.
Day 4 - If you choose the transfer by public ship, you have to wake up very early, pack everything because at 6:00 the ship depart from Mila23.
If you choose the transfer by our boats, we'll depart at 10:00, so we have time for a breakfast.
The program for ROUTE 2
Day 1 - You can join this tour in this morning or the evening before. If you come the previous evening, you can install your tents in the courtyard of a local Mila23, with access to the shower and toilet, if you come in the morning of departure, you can leave your luggage in the same yard. BEAWARE! If you arrive in the morning, you need a private transfer from Tulcea (ask for the offer when you do the booking).
At 10:00 we put the kayaks on the water and head to Lake Matita. We paddle slowly, through very wild areas, away from motorboat routes, on small canals, wild lakes full of vegetation and birds. We cross the Babina, Matita and Miazazi lakes and stay overnight at a fishermen's hut in the Matita area.
For this stage you need to bring your food and water for 2 days (from Mila23 to Letea).
Day 2 - Today we head to the village of Letea, cross the lakes Matita and Merheiul Mare, enter the Sidor canal and, at noon, we camp in the village of Letea or near the village. You can take a tour through the village or the Letea forest, by car (optional).
In Letea there is a place where you can eat, shops (but with a fairly reduced offer), however you can refresh your food and water supplies.
Day 3 - After breakfast, we go to Sulina, we paddle on a wild canal full of waterlilies and birds. We are going easy, at the speed of the stream. We admire the nature, the flora, the birds of the Danube Delta, we take the last gullies of clean air and then we enter the city of Sulina.
We're going to the little basin, where we finish the tour. We load the kayaks in the transport boat and then we can mount the tents or you can stay at the local hostels (as you wish). We can even place tents on the wild Sulina beach.
Day 4 - You can depart from Sulina (if you want) with Navrom (recommended) passenger ships at 7:00 or with speed boats, departures are from hour to hour.
* This is just a route proposal, depending on the water level and the weather conditions, the guide may decide to explore or avoid certain areas. The key points of the route will be reached, the number of tour days will be met, but the route will only be decided by the guide, on the spot. Please trust us that we have the best guides in the area and you will see very beautiful areas on the best routes available at that time of the year.
The kayaks we use, are touring kayaks, very good quality, single or double (when you book, please let us know what kind of kayak do you want).
Please have you:
- Tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad
- Seasonal clothing - sun hat, long sleeve blouses, warm clothes for the evening / morning. Necessarily thin waterproof clothing.
- Sun Protection Solutions
- Reppelent solutions
- You can take hydration solutions, energizing juices (NOT RedBull but athlete variants) and sweets for energy during the day.
- Waterproof protection for mobile and photo equipment
- Impermeable bags or barrels for clothing and equipment
- All the food and water you'll need. You can take from Tulcea only what you need for first 2 days, in Mila23 you can buy fresh food and water.
Please take serious personal equipment, in the night on the marshland, nobody will come to bring you what you are missing.
In a kayak, you can get wet so everything sensitive to water have to be protected (phones, cameras etc). Please have with you waterproof bags.
You have to take with you only what is necessary, the space in kayak si limited.
Tel: +40 763 869 400 | +40 749 120 009
This program is done with minimum 2 persons subscribed!
Bookings are done based on a deposit of 50% of the total price of the program you choose.
You can pay the deposit by:
- BANK TRANSFER;
- ONLINE, by card, using EuPlatesc (iPay) system
The price difference will be paid to arrival, in cash (RON or EUR) or by card (any currency) or any of the payment systems from above.
Before booking please read the terms and conditions, request a booking implies acceptance of terms and conditions.
For booking, please click on the green button below.
Danube Delta Kayak Tours, Tulcea - Mila23, 4d/3n - program 2019
- Brand: Discover Danube Delta