It is a kayak tour for paddlers with an average degree of experience in camping, used to sleep in a tent and compact the luggage. It is not a difficult tour but we must be careful to respect the key points of camping every night, as scheduled. The 1st and 4th night are obligatory to sleep in tent (there is no alternative), into the wild, on nights 2 and 3 you’ll camp in the courtyard of a local, in Mila23, with access to the shower and toilet or you can take accommodation at a local guesthouse (optional). On nights 5 and 6, you can choose between tent or local accommodation in Letea and Sulina.
6 days of kayaking through the Danube Delta, an exceptional guide, a magnificent route, unforgettable nights in tent.
Datas of this program in 2019 are:
|Group code||Period||Available places||Price|
|KT7-02||27 May - 2 Jun||16||240|
|KT7-05||27 Jun - 3 Jul||16||240|
|KT7-08||29 Jul - 4 Aug||16||260|
|KT7-11||29 Aug - 4 Sept||16||260|
|KT7-14||30 Sept - 6 Oct||16||240|
Price is in EURO, per person and include VAT.
* Want to book a group of at least 8 people ? Call for Price!
The price includes:
- Renting a kayak during this tour (please tell us if you want single or double kayak).
- Instructor (ENGLISH language), will go you in a single kayak.
- 2 nights of camping in a local courtyard (with acces to shower and toilete)
- Visitors fee to the Danube Delta.
- Transfer back to Tulcea on the last day (group transfer) - 25 euro/pers
- Camping gear to rent
- Waterproof Pelican cases
NOT included in the price:
- All camping equipment (tent, sleeping bag etc)
- Food and water (or other drinks)
- Any kind of insurance (travel / luggage / life)
Child Policy in Kayak
- Children up to 14 years will participate together with a adult (1 child / 1 adult)
- Children up to14 years will only go in a double kayak with an adult.
- Supervision of children during the tour lies with the adult in whose care is
- Only children over 14 can get a single kayak
- All children will wear life jackets as long as they are in the kayak, no matter how good swimmers they are.
Day 1 - Meeting at Tulcea (at 12:00) to Port Aval - Tulcea, put kayaks on the water, load luggage, sign the papers and start on the water.
You paddle downstream on the Danube to Mila36 channel and from there you go throught the marshland, NOT on the Danube. You’ll be on the Danube for 4-5 km. You go on Garla Sireasa to Cot Candura (intersection with Sontea). You paddle slowly, you have enough time. May occasionally stop to stretch our legs and in the afternoon already looking for a good place to camp. You set the tents tents.
There will be a long halfday paddling, try to not get muscle soreness or corns, if are beginners in the group, we put more emphasis on the development of rowing technique, you’ll have a very good instructor who will show you all you need to know.
Day 2 - Around 7:00 am wake up and prepare the breakfast (on your own), after that you start a new tour, have to reach Mila23 Village today, here you’ll find shops so you can refresh you stocks of water and fresh food. You are going on channels as far as we can from the motor boats ways, we want to show you as much of the wilderness of these places.
You’ll stop for lunch in a picturesque place where we organize a fire so you can cook.
In the evening you’ll camp in Mila23 Village, in a local courtyard.
*In this place you can order also meals (dinner and breakfast).
Day 3 - You wake up and start in a exloring tour of wild places of the Danube delta, watch the birds and vegetation in this unique area in the world. Easily paddled through wild areas, very beautiful, you’ll stop for lunch at the Monastery of St. Athanasie, at Stipoc and then you continue the trip to Matita, where you’ll prepare for the night.
Day 4 - You wake up and start a very light tour, to recover after the previous days. The route is on small and wild channels, were motor boats can not acces very easy. You’ll cross lakes Matita, Miazazi, Lung, Sfistofca and reach the channel Dovnica in the evening, where we have a good place for camping, near a local fisherman hut.
Day 5 - You’ll depart in the morning to Letea village, cross Lake Merhei and channel Sidor, you’ll have on your right, very close, the largest pelicans colony in Europe (Rosca - Buhaiova) so you’ll see a lot of pelicans coming or leaving , fishing or making their siesta in wide spirals, in huge flocks. At noon you’ll be in Letea where (optional) you can visit Letea Forest or you can eat a traditional lunch in the village, at a local house (tour guide will handle the bookings, if you want to visit the forest or to eat lunch, you have to tel to the guide in the morning, to have time to organize the car for Forest visit and the locals to prepare the lunch). In the village are shops where you can buy water / food but the offer is quite limited, are small village shops.
In the evening you can camp near the village or you can choose a local accommodation, the guide will gve you all the infos about this.
Day 6 - Today you’ll finish the kayaking tour to Sulina, the city near the Black Sea! You’ll paddle downstream on the Danube to the city basin. Under no circumstances will not exit to the Sea throught the navigation chanel, heavy ship traffic can be dangerous for inexperienced paddlers.
In the evening, our boat will take kayaks and you can sleep again in the tent or you can book a room at one of the hotels or guesthouses in the area.
Day 7 - You can leave Sulina (if you want) with passenger ships of Navrom (recommended!), at 7:00 or take a speed boat for transfer (we can do the bookings for you).
The kayaks we use, are touring kayaks, very good quality, single or double (when you book, please let us know what kind of kayak do you want).
Please have you:
- Tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad
- Seasonal clothing - sun hat, long sleeve blouses, warm clothes for the evening / morning. Necessarily thin waterproof clothing.
- Sun Protection Solutions
- Reppelent solutions
- You can take hydration solutions, energizing juices (NOT RedBull but athlete variants) and sweets for energy during the day.
- Waterproof protection for mobile and photo equipment
- Impermeable bags or barrels for clothing and equipment
- All the food and water you'll need. You can take from Tulcea only what you need for first 2 days, in Mila23 you can buy fresh food and water.
Please take serious personal equipment, in the night on the marshland, nobody will come to bring you what you are missing.
In a kayak, you can get wet so everything sensitive to water have to be protected (phones, cameras etc). Please have with you waterproof bags.
You have to take with you only what is necessary, the space in kayak si limited.
Tel: +40 763 869 400 | +40 749 120 009
This program is done with minimum 2 persons subscribed!
Bookings are done based on a deposit of 50% of the total price of the program you choose.
You can pay the deposit by:
- BANK TRANSFER;
- ONLINE, by card, using EuPlatesc (iPay) system
The price difference will be paid to arrival, in cash (RON or EUR) or by card (any currency) or any of the payment systems from above.
Before booking please read the terms and conditions, request a booking implies acceptance of terms and conditions.
For booking, please click on the green button below.
Danube Delta Kayak Tours, Tulcea - Sulina, 7d/6n - program 2019
- Brand: Discover Danube Delta