An exclusive offer from Discover Danube Delta, we give you the opportunity to discover the amazing world of birds in the Danube Delta, in one day, together with one of the best professional birding guides from our team.
You have included the boat (and gas) and a good guide, to show you as more as possible from the rich fauna of the Danube Delta, on the best routes available for each season.
- The best team of guides in the Danube Delta, with 14 years of experience in this field, members of the Danube Delta Professional Guides Association.
- Very good conditions for accommodation and meals.
- Original programs, created and developed by us, in very good logistic conditions.
- Programs with fixed price (no hidden charges)
- We have boats built specifically for tourism, stable and secure.
- We are constantly in the Danube Delta, we know that changes every day, where birds and animals are.
A birdwatching trip to the Danube Delta without a guide is like an orchestra without a conductor :-).
Our main activity in Danube Delta is GUIDING birders and photographers and we have the best professional guides for this activities. All our guides are members of AGPDD (Danube Delta Professional Guide Association).
The boat you’ll go is an open boat, equipped with banquets with backrest and cushions for ghighest possible comfort, with high stability and safety. The boat is used only for tourism. Everyone in the boat will receive a lifejacket.
The boat is not covered, has no roof, no tarp, bimini This program is dedicated to experienced tourists, who come to discover the nature of the Danube Delta.
The boat is not a ship or a speed motorboat. It is a boat, as you see in the photos above. All our boats has been built especially for trips in the Danube Delta, they were designed to enter in beautiful areas, wild shallow water where no ship or big motor boat can enter. A 12 persons boat look exactly like the picture below.
Depending the number of persons in your group, we use a 6,3m long boat (for 1-6 persons) or a 7m long boat for groups of 7-10 pers.
Being a private program we can start at any hour BUT! for best results, we recommned you to start at sunrise time. The trip last until sunset adn cover an important part of the Danube Delta. We do the route to include marshlands, salty sand islands, forest areas, lakes and special areas of the Delta with places for feeding or roosting for many species of birds. Is not a trip to check places, is a trip to search and find birds, it is a SLOW speed trip with target an special places where we can observe birds.
Usually we do the tour from Tulcea to Mila23 village. Here we can make a stop for mid day hours and you can experience local food for lunch. The guide is a professional birdwatcher and know very well were are good places for birding, for interesting species and he know how to aproach by boat to the birds, to see it without disturbing.
All we need to know is the hour you want to start the tour, the hour you want to finish the tour (if you have a limit hour) and, the most important, if you have some priorities as species you want to see.
We’ll bring a field scope (a good one) and we’ll stop in some good places to scan also the dry parts of the Delta.
Departure is from our pier at Port Aval - Tulcea. We need you to comunicate us the hour of departure, on the day before trip. Given the duration of the trip, please be sure you can reach the pier at maximum established hour.
Private group = you’ll have a private boat and guide only for your group, we'll NOT include you in a larger group.
This trip is organized for each group, the price of the table is for the boat, for the trip (not per person). For groups larger than 12 people we can make these trips with two or more boats.
The price of this tour is:
|Number of pers in your group||Boat kind||Price|
|1 to 5||6 pers boat||400|
|6 to 12||12 pers boat||550|
Prices are for a boat (price/trip) and are in euro (EUR).
Included in the price:
- Guide, ENGLISH language
- Boat for the trip (including gasoline)
NOT included to the price:
- Lunch (we can set the lunch in one of the villages on our way, the average price for a lunch is 11 euro/pers)
- Car to Letea or Caraorman Forest if required
- Any kind of insurance (travel, personal goods etc).
We can do the transfers from Bucharest or Constanta (also Airports) to Tulcea and back.
|Route||No of persons|
1 to 3
4 to 7
8 to 19
|Bucharest - Tulcea||150||250||500|
|Constanta - Tulcea||75||125||300|
The price is in EURO, per ONE WAY, per CAR (NOT per person).
* NOT included in the package price!
** For other places of pick up, please request a price.
Please have on you:
- Ointments or creams against insects
- Sunscreen cream
- Season appropriate clothing, long robes are mandatory, trousers, shirt and a sun hat or you will get a sun burn. Clothing with colors close to nature are recommended; red, white, yellow and blue are to be avoided
- Trekking shoes, especially for the tours to Letea or Sulina
Tel: +40 757 894 456
This program is done with minimum 2 persons subscribed!
Bookings are done based on a deposit of 20% of the total price of the program you choose.
You can pay the deposit by:
- BANK TRANSFER;
- ONLINE, by card, using EuPlatesc (iPay) system
We also take Holiday Vouchers (only Romanian). You can pay in any currency, including Bitcoin and Ethereum.
The price difference will be paid to arrival, in cash (RON or EUR) or by card (any currency) or any of the payment systems from above.
Before booking please read the terms and conditions, request a booking implies acceptance of terms and conditions.
For booking, please click on the green button below.
Birdwatching Day Trip to the Danube Delta, PRIVATE program
- Brand: Discover Danube Delta